We Buy Books
We are still buying books, sheet music and vinyl records!
There is always a buyer in-store who will be able to assess your books on the spot, though we advise you avoid Saturdays as it’s often very busy.
We are selective about what we buy, so please read the notes below carefully.
What we are currently buying
- It is easier if you tell us what you are offering, so send us an email if you would like a general guide as to whether your books might be of interest. Alternatively, you can give us a call during bookshop hours, run through what you have and we can tell you whether we are looking to buy in those areas. This may save you carting in books that we are unable to use.
- Please note that we cannot work from lists as we need to check the condition of all items. If you want us to give you an idea of whether your books might be of interest, we can normally give you a rough idea based on a few photos. We’re generally looking for modern editions, especially in non-fiction, so please be aware that older collections which might perhaps have historical or sentimental value may not be what we are looking for.
- We are very keen to buy used sheet music! Please head over to the Da Capo Music page for details of this.
- While we buy widely in many areas, we can generally only take crime fiction/thrillers and ‘popular’ fiction if recently published (last 2-3 years). Please note that we don’t buy textbooks or encyclopaedias.
- We also buy vinyl records! We are primarily interested in rock, punk, pop, and jazz.
How selling to us works
There is always a trained buyer in-store who can assess your books on the spot.
- If you come by the store, we will be able to go through your collection in a few minutes and make an offer. This is only possible for books, not sheet music. You’re welcome to leave sheet music with us, and a Da Capo buyer will be able to assess it within a day or two.
- If you have a large collection that sounds like it is what we are looking for, we could organise a contact free pick up. This is possible only if you are in Sydney, somewhere between Berowra/Hornsby and Glebe, or in the Inner West.
- An alternative would be to pay a service like Uber to have the collection delivered to Sappho Books between 10am and 5pm.
How we pay
We are currently paying by your choice of either:
- direct deposit into your account,
- credit in the bookstore (in which case the amount is doubled).
If you prefer, we can organise the credit to be redeemable in the Da Capo Music online store.
Phone: 02 9552 4498